River Dodder Walking Tour, Co. Dublin
Length: 3.3 km
Estimated Time: 90 minutes
Suitability: A flat river walk, mostly off-road
Difficulty: Easy walk
Transport: 3 minutes from Milltown LUAS stop and walking distance from the 128, 44, 48A bus routes.
The fabulous River Dodder Walking Tour is a 3.3 km easy walk with loads of local history and biodiversity information suitable for all ages. The free tour starts in Milltown at Temple Park by the Dropping Well Pub and heads downriver along the Dodder as far as Clonskeagh before looping back up the other side of the River. The tour is mostly off-road, with some road crossing sections.
Learn about the history, heritage and wildlife along this magic stretch of the Dodder River. Bring a few phones and compete in the gamified tour against each other. Suitable for all the family, schools, groups etc.
Access the tour on the map below
- Start at Point 1 below
- You can click from point to point from your sofa or you can take the tour on the ground (turn on your GPS if you are on the ground and use the bullseye symbol on the map to locate yourself)
- Turn on your sound to get the best out of the tour
Access the same tour on the App
- Download the ‘Wilder Wander’ App from the App Stores and install it.
- Turn on your GPS and turn up your sound!
- Click FIND/CATEGORIES/TOURS and open the ‘Dodder’ tour from within the App.
- Take the tour straight away or preload the tour from a WIFI spot. It works perfectly when offline!